Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God.
K. Vonnegut

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dark & Stormy on a Dark & Stormy night

Ahhhhhh. So, a tropical wave moved in tonight. Hurricane Season started officially June 1st- the waters are starting to warm up, which means tropical storms and thunder! Oh, and power outages. Thank Goodness for a generator!

Right now there is thunder happening, occasional cloud to cloud lightening, and a good breeze. This is the coolest it has been for WEEKS.

Also: Enjoying a Dark and Stormy. 


Today I was Rolfed. I talked about my first session- this was my third. Expect a more in detail post later. But, needless to say- I feel good, but sore. So sore I took a muscle relaxant followed by some rum. Hiking on the beaches with a broken toe then having major body work done leads to some major soreness. But- progress!

I needed something nourishing for dinner- so I made Rum-Roasted Carrot Curry soup. Yum!

Cold rum drink, warm soup, breeze & lightening show. My front porch is beautiful. Sigh.

Dark and Stormy Cocktail
Some may argue that a true Dark&Stormy must be made with Bermuda Ginger Beer & Goslings rum. I disagree- use the local rum!
My Rum of Choice for a D&S is Cruzan Blackstrap. However, tonight we had Cruzan Single Barrel, which is aged 12 years and won Worlds Best Rum in 2000. (Cruzan Rum Wikipedia Page)

Served in: High Ball full of ice cubes
2-4oz Rum of Choice
Fill with Ginger Beer (Not ginger ale!)
Optional: Garnish with a lime.

I don't normally garnish with the lime. But it is a refreshing, delicious cocktail. Using the Cruzan Blackstrap Rum makes it a little sweeter. Don't use light rum or you'll be sad.




Coming Soon : Mango & Chile sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment